SGRA Open Meeting – January 2019
29/01/2019 @ 19:45 - 21:30
Do you have a question or issue about something in the community that you’d like to raise? Are you curious about happenings in the Southfields Grid neighbourhood? Please join us for the SGRA Open Meeting, a lively forum to discuss all things Southfields grid.
The agenda typically includes guest speakers from local organisations, local VIP’s such as local MP Justine Greening, or representatives from businesses and organisations that are having an impact on the community, such as SGN (gas works) and Sainsbury’s (store construction on Wimbledon Park Road).
Other regular topics include forthcoming events (Christmas Lights, Wimbledon tennis, etc.), updates on local shops and businesses, and other topics of local interest including planning and crime .
SGRA Open Meetings take place on the last Tuesday of every other month, starting from January. All are welcome to attend. Meetings typically last 75-90 minutes, with a tea-and-biscuit social to follow.
A sample meeting agenda follows:
- Welcome/Apologies for absence – Charles Runcie
- SGRA Front Garden Competition awards – Amelia Obertelli-Moriarty
- Gas Works – Tony Hollis (Project Manager, Southern Gas), Others TBC
- SGRA Executive Update – Charles Runcie
- Planning – Margaret Brett
- Crime – Clive Williams
- SGRA Communications (newsletter, social media, website) – Charles Runcie
- SGRA Street Reps – Charles Runcie
- Green the Grid update – Nina Kowalska
- Southfields Business Forum update – Gil Habershon
- Friends of Wimbledon Park / Capability Brown weekend review – Nick Steiner
- Forthcoming events
- Southfields Harvest – Saturday 29th September
- Charity Quiz Night (St. Barnabas) – Friday 12 th October
- SBF Christmas Lights (Replingham Road) – 5th December
- Date of Next Open Meeting: Tuesday 27 th Nov 2018 at 7.45pm
- Close Meeting/Social (9.30-10.00)